Monday, May 22, 2006

 

I Hate Hammers!!

Quietly sitting in the library, studying various things (all excuses not to work on the presentation I have to give on Wednesday which will probably be a huge bore: it's about the expression of hypothesis - yeay...), wearing earplugs to prevent the endless chatter of the annoying librarians whose offices are just around the study area designed for English students from reaching my neurones and affecting my thoughts and...TUDTUDTUDTUDTUDTUDTUDTUDTUD......... ARGGGGG!!!!! Why on earth did hammers come into existence????? Even the small ones have such a harrowing effect on nerves... I know they're useful for horror stories but I'm sure there's a way to avoid using them in the middle of the afternoon and in a library - of all places! Sorry about this little rant - a venting device thought up in an attempt to forestall my impending nerveous breakdown. So thanks for taking my ARGness in :p

Comments:
"a venting device thought up in an attempt to forestall my impending nerveous breakdown."
Whaaaaat? Damn, I guess I should go back to school learn some English...

"I know they're useful for horror stories"
But you do know they can also be thrown away, don't you? This is one of their main uses in sports fields.
 
yeah, I'm not sure that's actually English... You'll have to ask the natives around. Remember my brain was being hammered...
And yeah I hadn't thought about the sports thing. Do they actually look like hammers? Actually I'm not even sure I know that sport.. you sure you haven't been having a bit too much noodle soup???
 
thanks... :D
It's probably because I'd been reading D.H. Lawrence (WIL - Women in Love) when I posted it. Won't last very long though so enjoy the good English while it's still there ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?