Sunday, May 28, 2006
I've Lost my Mojo!
I'm not referring to the enticing power of women - I'm not sure I've ever really had that - but rather to my usual power of study. I study. Lots. . . . Usually.I'm now blocked in an endless not motivated / find anything whatever to do but study kind of mode. Which is not a good idea (to quote Izzard again) since well I'm supposed to be in the busiest study year of my life with my BIG exams.
Several possible reasons:
1) There's no immediate pressure since I don't know if I'll make it to round 2 of the exams (results in 10 days) and I don't know when the next exams will be - June or July. And I've always worked way better under LOTS (and lots) of stress.
2) Spraining an ankle and falling ill kind of slows you down and getting back into working mode once (after the ankle and the post round 1 vacation) was tough enough but getting back into work mode a second time (after the illness) is proving to be impossible.
3) Every time I've done a mock exam for the round 2 stuff, I've done really well... so it doesn't look like I hopelessly need to study.
4) My head is already in NY where I'll be after round 2 whereas my body's trapped here, desperately trying to work despite a severe lack of brain presence.
And so I spend my days pretending to study but really reading WIL (Women In Love), taking very long showers with lots of shampoo, after shampoo, after after shampoo etc, doing abs and such (trying to lose weight before I take on 20 pounds upon glimpsing the US) aaaand wallowing in self-pity over not achieving anything and being the worst friend in the world. Oh yeah and I listen to Bollywood music on line. Which leads me to discover that there are loads of new Bollywoods I have to go and buy all the way North of Paris and immediately watch. But I can't do that becasue I'm supposed to be studying. I have a presentation due Wednesday...
So who amongst you has stolen my Mojo?? Cause I really rather need it back!!!
Comments:
<< Home
You just didn't realize you had feminine mojo. Now you should (I keep telling you you do), so...I'm keeping your mojo all to myself. It's me who did it! Retroactively, and apparently I stole the wrong mojo.
Um, nevermind.
Post a Comment
Um, nevermind.
<< Home
