Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Jackpot



I only fall ill about once a year usually (that's for the ill side only, if you add the falling side the statistics are not that fair...) and when I do, I'm slammed to the floor - or bed if I'm lucky - and literally am too weak to move around. I once was carridragged (i.e. half carried half dragged) by a strong friend all the way to the doctor's and back because I was too weak to stand for long. That was the 2 years back time. Last year's time, I could hardly lift my head long enough to swallow a spoonful of indian noodles because I was constantly being interrupted by a harrowing cough. Now the weird thing about this time is that it came on very progressively, rather than the usually "BOOM, like that". It started before the post about stress but I still went around to classes and did some work and all; and it's really just last night that it became bad enough for me to go and see the doctor this morning. And, true to myself, I came back having won the jackpot: sinusitis and chest infection and tracheitis... YEAY. The day will be spent in souping, Companying, teaing, antibioticking and handkerchiefing, with quite a fair bit of coughing in the midts of all the -inging :p (hint hint for deciphering the last sentense: Company is a Bollywood movie). So good germs to you all and stay away from me!!

Comments:
Hope you'll feel better in the next days... I've never posted any comments (bad, bad, bad) but I read all your articles. Funny, clever, true, and always with a "virginian" touch. Keep it up!
 
Hmmm... I know very well it's perfectly useless to tell you this, since you are so "virginianistical" and all, but, hey, you know, try to take it easy, okay ? If you are tired, go to sleep, if you don't want to work, just don't, and if you want to work, don't worry: it should pass, so watch a Bollywood instead.
I don' t know how's the weather in Paris right now, but I'm pretty sure it's NOT normal to be that sick at that time of year. So I can only see one reason for your being ill: TOO MUCH WORK.
I'm telling you: take it easy. Please?
And go on with the blogging, it gives my morning coffee a better taste.
 
Hey I was just told by Adrien that I should be careful about the blog because I might overlook agrég work, and you tell me not to work too much and to go on blogging.... hum what to do what to do? :p
I went to bed at 8pm after watching a Bollywood movie cause I wasn't doing good (so doing what you recommended to) but mum woke me up at 11pm for me to take my antibiotics and impossible to get back to sleep... So I'm TRYING to take it easy but it's now 3:30 and I'm posting comments instead. Whaddoyouknow.
 
Ooo nooo! Loads of sympathy...Try steaming your self over a bowl of hot water with a bit of eucalyptus oil or menthol or something equally soothing - and lots of fluids, oh, and keep off any dairy products (mucus forming apparently). And sleep - lots of lovely sleep (with your head raised if you can).
And wallow in the being too ill to have to do anything

the bit you didnt post about stress, that the one thing it does do is to lower your immune system (and the longer you are stressed, the more "recuperation" time you need to allow. Its a bit like sprinting, most of us can do it for a while if necessary but then you need to lie down in the shade for a bit to recover

LOL
T.x
 
Damn, apparently I was indeed too stressed... however it took the illness a whole week to fully declare itself, so I hope it won't take one more week for it to be fully gone cause I need to get back to action!!!
Thanks for all your advice my dear surogate mother (hehehehehe) :p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?