Thursday, May 25, 2006
X-men
Question is: why does it rock? I mean I'm not even interested in seeing MI3, I haven't been to see Godzilla or any of these huge budget supra special effects films that come out all the time. I'm not really into big action and no-content kinds of movies - might be linked to the fact that if things move too much on the screen I tend to get a headache. But I really like X-men. The II might not have been absolutely grand but the first one was real good, and I really enjoyed III. I even crunched my water bottle twice before I decided to put it down because it was getting too dangerous for the bottle!
Ok so maybe the water bottle thing calls for an explanation... You see, I tend to jump when I watch movies (I even squeak sometimes) so I use the reassuring arm of a nice and handsome neighbour - usually Paul who's perfect for the job, he probably doesn't even feel me when I molest his arm because he's real strong and it's very cosy on there when the movie's calmer. Problem comes when he's not around... I apparently tend to hold a water bottle in those cases and involuntarily squeeze them when I start. They have two huge disadvantages though: they make noise - so that even when I don't squeal people know I'm a coward - and if the bottle's too full...
So yeah I thought it was safer for the bottle if I left it aside for Xmen :p
Anyways, why is it so damn good? I mean sure, it has Ian McKellen (great Shakespearean who acted for the RSC), and they quote Congreve (thanks Nush for finding the reference) aaaand there are cute guys... but that shouldn't be enough for me to want to see plenty of action for two hours. Maybe it's the jokes... Especially Wolverine tends to get peals of laughter from me with his dry humour. Or maybe it's the idea of having special powers? Who wouldn't dream of that?
Now the special power I've had my eyes on for quite a while now (btw, I'm booking it if it ever becomes available) would be to be able to place my hand on a book and I've read it. How handy would that be for research??? Ok might make me sort of a nerd but HELL it'd be cool to have :D Yeah that and flying of course...
Any idea what your one would be?
