Friday, June 02, 2006
Fantasy etc... a sequel
So yeah I was blabbering on about how the reality of WIL's a bit too much sometimes. It's just too close to home when it described some of the relationships and some of the questions the characters are asking themselves. Well really not all of the time cause a couple of them are really out there and go on about really weird almost metaphysical stuff that make me wanna tell them to stop smoking pot before they speak... Anyways the real problem that lies at the bottom of it all, and probably the main reason that makes me prefer to read fantasy or fictionnal novels as opposed to say political books is that I'm just too sensitive. I'm hyper-sensitive actually... things affect me too much - ask any of my ex-boyfriends, I cry way way way too easily, but I tend to reserve the tear flood for the poor people who are closest to me...
If I feel like it's something true (in a deep meaning of the word), hearing it makes me feel as though something were rubbing against an open wound. And this goes from things that are only true to me because they're close to things I've experienced and not felt particularly positive about to things that are just real and affect me because I have a large power of empathy with other people. It can be horrible murder stories on the radio (why why why do they tell us about it?) or stories of thousands of people dying on the other side of the planet because of earthquakes or other...
So yeah I don't read newspapers and I don't really listen to the radio and I don't watch news on TV (well I don't have TV so that's sorted) and it's not because I don't give a damn, it's because I give too much of a damn. I can't help but be deeply affected by what I hear. So I close myself in little bubbles, of past things - literature and history and all - of things that are once removed from reality like theatre, cinema and, well, novels, (so for the linguists out there, I live in the preterite :p) aaand of things that are twice removed like libraries where I spend my whole days or aikido mats or linguistic analysis which are a whole different world...
The thing is I know that I live in a little protected bubble and the bubble does not make the whole of the universe out there inexistent, it just makes it slighty faded so that it doesn't reach me too bad. So what happens with news and real thing is that they just prock my little bubble open and BLAM in my face...
Comments:
<< Home
Yeah... Kindda know what you're talking about... even though, once the bubble has popped in your face a couple of times you realise afterwards it's not so bad, well it IS tough at first, don't get me wrong, but hey, real life can be soooo cool, too... :) (yep, I've been taking the-glass-is-half-full lessons :) )
I won't be in Paris next week but we'll definitely have a cup of something and a nice chat the week after that! Take care.
Post a Comment
I won't be in Paris next week but we'll definitely have a cup of something and a nice chat the week after that! Take care.
<< Home
