Saturday, June 03, 2006
Feeling a bit down
I guess that when it hits you it just does... No real reason for this other than maybe that I'm feeling a bit lonely. And well I haven't really been sleeping much. But they're linked really: if I feel lonely I tend to stay up later - yeah I'm sure there's a logical link in there, just need to figure it out - and since I still have to get up in the morning it means that I just end up being tired. Which brings me down as well, of course. It's just my place's been kind of a hectic one lately. People coming and going, the house being all empty or totally full... And never long enough at one time for me to get fully used to it. I'm a kiddo really, I need quite a while to get used to change. Well if that makes me a kid I'll be a kid my whole life because I've always had a hard time getting used to change!
And I'm a girl. That doesn't help. Let me explain before a wave of feminist complaints hits me from all directions at once. We tend to be more sensitive to how people perceive our appearence I think, for social and cultural reasons. Yes, quite a few men, and more and more of them, are also being careful about how they look and all but I think it's more deeply engrained in us gals and that it affects us more when we're not looking great. Well a sprain followed by a 10 days illness (mind you not a stomach one so I could eat no problem and I stayed in bed sleeping and accumulating the calories for quite a few days) in the middle of a studyfull and therefore rather Aikidoless year don't tend to help looking fit. And it's sorta helped getting me down.
So abs & low fat here I come! And I was told apples were negative calories, i.e. you actually lose calories by eating them!! Hope it'll have an effect... and that that will find repercussions on my mood!