Friday, July 28, 2006
Butterflies, marmots and cows...
So I went hiking in the Swiss mountains for 5 days with my dad after I heard of my results. He took lots of pics and I guess it's easier to express what the trip was like with pics so I'll indulge you and give you pics aplenty with commentaries of the pics.
Unfortunately he was the one wielding the camera most of the time so it'll be a lot of me me me, but you can ignore me and check out the scenery ;)
Remember you can click on the pics to see them bigger.
DAY ONE
Our first encounter: a nice Swiss cow :D
So now you know whom to thank when I
bring chocolate over hehehe
Oh yeah and you also need to be good at
avoiding cow dung on low mountain paths :p
Check out the difference
between morning
Unfortunately he was the one wielding the camera most of the time so it'll be a lot of me me me, but you can ignore me and check out the scenery ;)
Remember you can click on the pics to see them bigger.
DAY ONE
Our first encounter: a nice Swiss cow :DSo now you know whom to thank when I
bring chocolate over hehehe
Oh yeah and you also need to be good at
avoiding cow dung on low mountain paths :p
Check out the difference
between morning and evening :p We'd gone up quite a bit in the mean time. Btw, I only walk with one stick, I was just holding my dad's on the left pic. That day wasn't too hard, just 4 hours walking up and the path was ok to manage. We slept at a big refuge where not one guest spoke Italian (mainly german) so didn't really bond with anyone.
After a good night's sleep, we started off again.
Btw, silly tan marks on my arms from that day...
After a good night's sleep, we started off again.
Btw, silly tan marks on my arms from that day...
DAY TWO
Not too many pics from that day because we'd already been in those parts before. We went down the pass we slept on (about 2 hours) and then went up 900 meters. It's all stairs at first, big rocks placed there by giants of course - well I really don't have a clue how they managed to set it up on such a steep slope so we'll say it was giants that did it. It's not too hard going up there because the stones are set very well and we're used to the muscles that help us going up stairs. But it's still a nice 4 hours walk up so quite tiring. The beginning's under the trees and then you get out in the open higher up and there are plenty of flowers and streams to pass through. It's very pretty :) The last bit is a flat meadow so you're happy when you get there!! 