Tuesday, August 22, 2006
glasses rant...

I'm miffed. I had to change my glasses because my eyes have gone worse, as they do every year, and this time I changed the frame as well because the old one was really getting old. I'd had it for three years. So anyways I go and choose a new pair and it's real tough because 1) I can't see myself wearing them unless I have the foresight to wear my lenses but I was too thick for that to happen this time 2) my head is tiny so only very few frames don't look like I've put a giant's pair on my face 3) I wear progressive glasses so they have to be able to contain a certain height of glass... That means you need a certain ammount of space vertically so that they can go from long-distance correction all the way up to close-vision correction all the way down; they need the space for the progression to be there.
So I chose with the help of the guy who works there and a friend who'd come along, and even though they were slightly large (see problem 2) I thought they looked pretty groovy. They have a thicker shape so less chances of breaking or moving around, the frame is kinda modern but not too much since, as you can very poorly see on the firt pic, they are not articulated the usual way, and they looked more elungated, which was the bit I liked best: they were more on the horizontal line that the vertical one you know. So anyways I order them and today I went to get them.
AND I HATE THEM..... :'( Well yes, ok, I do have to get used to them but because of problem 3 they've had to change the shape of the glass when they cut it so it looks exactly the same as the previous pair I had except it's now wider so it's even worse and it's totally lost the elungated look it had in the first place.
So now I'm all booey.. :( pout. I know, makes me sound like a 3 year old but I will have to live with them for at the leastest one year and that's not a fun perspective.
Don't like them. bla.
Comments:
<< Home
They don't look bad! and you have contacts for you nights out. The look far better than the ones I was wearing when you first met me.
I think the glasses look good, but it's true you don't look that great on that picture.
...
Okay, sorry for being an ass (again).
Post a Comment
...
Okay, sorry for being an ass (again).
<< Home

