Friday, September 01, 2006

 

Fooooood


Last time I spent quite a while in the US I gained quite a few kilos... so this time I was planning on exercising a lot and on having a very healthy diet. Now the first impediment to that is that I have a meal plan, which means I get free food in the dining halls and since I don't have tons of cash to throw about I kinda wanna eat the free food rather than buy food and cook it in my kitchen. Which bears impediment number two as it isn't really equipped very well... way worse than the Reading kitchens btw, you could actually cook there, the only problem was eating the food since people were stealing plates and knives and spoons and CUPS all the time. Here there are no plates and knives and cups so we won't fight over them... :p
The way it works at SLC is I'm allowed 10 meals a week plus 300 dollars a semester. That sounded like a lot at first but then I got to find out that the two locations in which I went to get some food make you pay item by item and that you're very very soon over the price limit of what they call 'a meal' so you have to add in extra money from the 300 allowance basically everytime. And that would soon leave me bare for weekend food (yeah 10 meals a week means you eat off the 300 during the weekend). The result is that I was taking fewer and fewer articles -mostly soup- and getting hungrier and hungrier and constantly going "foooooood!!!! give me fooooooooood!!!"... until I descovered Bates, the big dining hall... I'd assumed it worked the same way as the other places but no, they swipe your card when you enter and then you can help yourself to ALL the food you want!!! yeayyyy :)
So now I won't go hungry anymore but I still have to control myself on the chocolate pudding, which is way too enticing after a few days of soup and bread...
And now I'm going "puddiiiiiing....."

Comments:
Muffin cookies
Muffin cookies
Muffin cookies
Muffin cookies
Muffin cookies
Muffin cookies
Muffin cookies
Muffin cookies
Muffin cookies
Muffin cookies

GOD BLESS THEM

Just two words and so many memories ;-)))
 
hum, muffin cookies, I haven't seen them yet. But I had my indulgence day today so I won't look into them for quite a while... I hope :o
 
what you need is LOTS of hard, vigorous, sweaty exercise....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?