Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

Gym and soul



It's a miracle, I've managed to post a picture, yeay :D
So this is the gym I go to at SLC. It's really small as compared to the one there was in Reading but it is free and right next to where I live.
I think gyms are essential to Americans, there could not be fit people in this country without the gym given the kind of food they have... So being here, and having sort of indulged in the first week I was here, I need to suffer for my diet and go to the gym, a lot. Which actually helps everything but the body, so far. I'm hoping on the positive effects to show in a month's time!
I'm being quite lunatic at the moment, maybe it's not just a momentary thing and I'm always like that, who knows, but at least I'm aware of it now. So sometimes I'm really positive about things and feel strong and confident, and other times it's a bit of the opposite. I now have a remedy for the latter though: the gym! Doing sports does really help to lift the spirits, I don't know exactly how it works past the xxx-ine rush (ask the biologists) but when I've had a good work-out, I feel like the whole of my soul has just had an uplifting time. So they, whoever that is, are totally right when they say that body and soul are one and totally interconnected! I went there for a good hour and a half today and I'm still feeling the positive effects.
I'm so going back tomorrow ;)

Comments:
Et l'aïkido ? Et le théâtre ? Et les élèves ?...
Tous ces plaisirs possibles quand le spleen est là, juste un peu, juste parfois.
L'absence de ceux qu'on aime touche, c'est vrai, quelque chose dans l'âme. Alors bravo pour le diagnostic et l'un des soins : la gym!
 
Aaaand I'm back to normal :)
Ten days in the US and I don't think I've put an ounce on, which absolutely rocks. So if I go on like the past week I'll actually loose weight in the US MUWHAHAHAHA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?