Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

On hair and hairs…


We got caught in a frenzy of hair-cutting James and I. A few days ago, I got fed up with my haircut and decided to cut it myself, spur of the moment thing. I only did the front bit that had been layered in February and didn’t look like much anymore. We had talked about cutting James’ hair but s/he never mentioned the topic again and I didn’t want her to feel like s/he had to let me do it… However the other night, after her shower, s/he said s/he wanted the haircut… So we set down to it and it’s all short and stylish now :p I followed her directions and did what s/he wanted and apparently s/he’s happy with it. And, very humbly so, I think it looks good, even though I was only the hand behind her design. Wonder whom I’ll get my scissors on next… hehehe


Now as far as hairs are concerned, sensitive male readers be aware that we’ll enter into strictly feminine stuff… i.e. legs and getting rid of their hairs…
Here is the shitty part about having to get rid of hairs in general. If you shave too much, they grow way faster and become blacker and thicker so that’s not cool. If you shave them, quite a few become ingrown when they grow back – if someone has found the means for that not to happen, please do tell me – and it takes forever. So that’s the usual dilemma… Now, most American women shave and it’s actually really hard to find a depilator (or whatever you call them, the machines that pluck hairs off). And now another problem comes from living in the US with a French depilator: it’s not the same voltage!! It’s way lower here so that the machine goes really slowly even at its fastest speed, takes like one hair out of three so you have to go over a spot endless times and doesn’t even catch them all… :'( So it’s triple trouble, it takes even more time, it’s not effective because you can’t get rid of them all and I’m sure they’ll all be ingrown now. And if I shave them now some will grow faster than the others….aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh Pout.
I should just pay tens and thousands and get rid of it all with wax.

Comments:
An alternative to wax : a paste used in the middle east, made with lemon and sugar. I have seen something like that here in the shop "nature et découverte".
By the way, please dont cut your wonderfull hair, I mean those on your head.
Kisses;
 
Lemon and sugar? I'd eat it before it gets to my legs... :p
I haven't cut my hair much, you can't even tell it's shorter, I only layered it again on the front.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?