Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

... or not to be!

The USA, first country in the world, cannot survive a storm with 50 mile per hour winds. Granted, the storm did uproot a tree (which looks pretty massive); but since the storm on Saturday the weather has been positively gorgeous and yet nothing works. There has been a massive power shortage all the way up to New Haven, so that's from New York all along the coast into Connecticut. For me it meant no phone and no internet just one day after the great connection day!!! Huge dissappointment as you may guess and three people told me they'd tried to call me and couldn't because it was all down so now I'm all frustrated! Give me my phone calls back!!
That's not it though, the trains to and from NY have been greatly affected, apparently from another tree falling down or too much rain or something like that; the library's closed, the dining halls only serve cold food and not much of that, the tap water has been contaminated by the sewage so we can't drink it anymore or even brush our teeth with it, there is no light on campus so all the classes have to be held either outside or in the dark... and the gym is closed!!!! That's the worse bit of all, I think I can feeeel the kilos just accumulating now, I really need the gym :o Should be open tomorrow they say, but we can't be sure.
Btw, what's worse: having fat food as a main and stick to that - like a nice greasy burger, or having soup and bread and then desert? Cause if I just have the soup and bread I just neeeed to have desert, but if I have a really fatning lunch then I'll feel so bad about it that I'll skip desert. You tell me.
Oh and for those who are wondering, I'm using my roommate's pc which has a wifi connection, but I can only do that when she's in and she was out all weekend... as most the people on campus, including me because there wasn't much to do here so it was a perfect time to go down and check out the Apple :p
We're all hoping something will work tomorrow!

Comments:
Was this the remenants of Tropical Storm Ernesto? are you sure it had 50 MPH winds? or was the gust of up tp 50 MPH cause I thought it would have been a wee depression by the time it got over by you.
 
Yeah I've heard it was remnants of a Tropical storm but I don't know if that's true or not. And I'm sorry I can't tell you if to number meant peaks or if that was the whole time cause I have no clue how strong that is, I'm just repeating what I heard... But yeah the tree IS big, I think I'll try and take a pic if it's still there!
 
Hi! Last I was NY, all I remember was ordering a Pizza that turned out to be huge (had problem fitting through the door huge) and we ended up trying to finish it for breakfast the next day! No storms though :-) Sorry to hear your not having a great time at the moment!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?