Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Cursed room!
Living on campus isn't always the best deal but the least one can say is that it's full of adventures!
I came back to my room one morning to find the door open and three men inside staring inside a big hole they're just made in the wall... That was quite a shock! There was a leak in the pipes in the wall and to access them they made a one meter high hole, large about 40 centimetres. For the non metric people out there, I don't apologise, switch to metric!!! The fun thing was that they had to do the same in the room downstairs from me... which happens to be the office of the French teacher whose assistant I am! So one of the only people on campus who could understand what I said when I was on the phone. And I could hear and listen to all his conferences with his students. Nice, innit? So the hole stayed for a few days and then got progressively filled in and treated and painted and stuff but basically there were workers in my room every day for slightly over a week - apart from the weekend of course...
Fast forward a few days later: the bathtub is blocked one eve and the next day the toilet overflows and invades half my room in my absence! So again, I come back to my room, the door's open, two workers are in there pumping stuff out of the floor and the toilet is in the middle of the bathroom - not at all where it's supposed to be!! Which is actually entertaining to see :)
Here are the cool aspects of this:
-they noticed the light in the bathroom was crap and they fixed it (yeay)
-now I know all the workers on campus and we're friendly so if there are more problems I'm sure they'll take care of it nicely :)
-it got me to thoroughly disinfect the bathroom and my room so now it's nice and clean!
- I'll always be prepared to find strange men in my room :p
I actually have a picture of the hole in the wall and the guy working on it - as soon as my pc resuscitates I'll add it here!
Comments:
<< Home
, subtle comment at the end, there. "As soon as my PC resuscitates." Guess that would be my responsibility, wouldn't it?
you should have shrieked when you found strange men in your room, then everyone on campus would've known about the situation.
Well , as you said, at least they are doing something about it and your not having to chase an absent land lord trying to get him to do something about it.
Virginia shrieking when finding strange men in her room, I thought she would've gone ohhh helloooo with a big grin on her face :-) hehehehe
Virginia, you really are not having the best luck of late are you! Anyway, hope things are better now or better soon!!!!
Post a Comment
Virginia, you really are not having the best luck of late are you! Anyway, hope things are better now or better soon!!!!
<< Home
