Thursday, December 28, 2006
Sunburnt!
Yesterday was the first day of lounging next to the swimming pool under the sun that I'd had in about two and a half years... The previous days we'd been going out for excursions, which means being on a bus for hours and checking out the scenery; i.e. not much sun exposure. It was gorgeous though: we went pretty high up and saw wonderful places like the Salines: a big big big area of ground that is basically made of salt and therefore is white and fatal to the eyes, surrounded by faraway mountains. Or the multicoloured mountains: blues and reds and greens and yellows! And fields of cactuses, or red tortured mountains that look like canyons or submarines... I'll put pics up soon when I have fuller access to a computer.
Anyways, yesterday we decided to rest our eyes from all this beauty and to take full advantage of the sun before boing back to Buenos Aires where there is no exposing tummies and full legs.... which resulted in significant red areas on my body!! Especially the tommy and the back of the thighs: not really easy to sit down! So I bought a cream for burns and applied it all over. The thing is we're taking the bus back today so I need to wear my jeans for the trip (air conditionning in the bus makes one freeze), which means my jeans are stuck to my thighs by means of tons of cream! Yeay for sitting down in the bus for 18 hours :p
btw, David's now updated his blog for thse of you who are curious about him... And Andrew, just so you know, I WAS wearing sun cream and still got sunburnt!
