Friday, December 22, 2006

 

Update

I'm having a hard time keeping in touch with all the people I want to get in touch with, and at the same time I've sort of abandonned this blog when it's whole purpose was to give news to people and thereby to kep in touch more easily. Now I haven't been good with resolutions lately but I will try and be better with it.
So a bit of catching up is in order I guess.
Basically I spent my first semester at Sarah Lawrence not achieving much, and that bugs me. I haven't started my research yet and this is the constant "I'm moaning about it but not doing anything about it yet" motto. I have trasnslated quite a few pages of documents from French to English about legal and economic matter so that was a challenge, and I have been teaching French to my students but that is all I have to show for. hum. Oh yeah and I've been working on acting and directing for my class but I'm not very satisfied with the directing stuff I've been doing. And I've dropped german. Not a great record is it? That's on the academic level though, the rest is in better shape.
I've learnt squash and really enjoy it, and I'm really glad I discovered this sport. I haven't been doing as much Aikido as I would want to but I can only attend the session once out of two weeks. Going outside Uni is quite a stretch of time, distance and money unfortunately.
The best aspect of the semester by far is that after quite a bit of emotional turmoil, I've started a relationship with a wonderful man who makes me very happy. I've mentionned him before, it's David. He's awesome, like more than a thousand hotdogs and life rocks, especially when he's around :)
So now I have to kick myself in the butt and get started and WORK. I have been basically idle for 5 months and yes one needs rest after the agregation that I passed last year, but I'm being very slothy now.
To "help" matters, I'm down in Argentina for the break to visit my mum. My sister is down here with us, so yeah it's tough to start working when you're staying in a hotel with a swimming pool and it's 30 degrees outside (celsius of course).
Now that we have this little update, I'll be able to start posting on more up-to-date matters soon so keep an eye on the blog!

Comments:
> And I've dropped german

Waaas??? And what is your excuse dafür bitte?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?