Sunday, January 21, 2007
Kill the actor
I'm directing The Twelve Pound Look by Mr Barrie for this class I'm in and I'm starting to get sliiightly frustrated. For those who know me, yes it means I'll very soon get the bazooka out. One of the main parts is that of Harry, who is almost always on stage. However, the actor doesn't seem to understand that he has a part in the show, that it's a pretty significant one and that it takes rehearsing to put a play on its feet. Not only does he not show up to rehearsals, he does so without any kind of warning whatever. When he does show up, which feels like it hasn't happened in ages, he is not prepared, has forgotten all that we'd done the previous time and does not know his lines... We did start working on this 3 month ago by the way, that is time enough to learn a part.
So here are my choices:
a) take out a carving knife and avenge mine and my actresses' honour - because apparenlty he doesn't respect us at all
b) openly embarass him and show how much his lack of respects awards him my dispise
c) talk to the teacher and make him solve the problem
d) try and talk to the actor and make him understand he'll look shitty on stage and have a crappy grade
e) hunt him down in the night, gut him, take his face off, glue it on another actor and replace him totally (we can't change actors cause we're using classmates).
Any preferences? Any other solution?
So here are my choices:
a) take out a carving knife and avenge mine and my actresses' honour - because apparenlty he doesn't respect us at all
b) openly embarass him and show how much his lack of respects awards him my dispise
c) talk to the teacher and make him solve the problem
d) try and talk to the actor and make him understand he'll look shitty on stage and have a crappy grade
e) hunt him down in the night, gut him, take his face off, glue it on another actor and replace him totally (we can't change actors cause we're using classmates).
Any preferences? Any other solution?
Comments:
<< Home
Couldn't you make a combination of a), b) and e)? Like, publicly humiliating him, taking away his "dignity" and his face with a sharp knife?
Régis, always looking for the peaceful solution
Régis, always looking for the peaceful solution
Sack him and I'll do it - I know the part quite well!! Who is playing the part of "kate" and is she cute??
Seriously - I'd take the guy aside, explain your problem to him from a directors point of view and ask him how he'd deal with the situation... I find this works well in a business environment and doesn't create animosity.
if not, just kill him and leave his body in a rolled up peice of carpet in the desert.
Seriously - I'd take the guy aside, explain your problem to him from a directors point of view and ask him how he'd deal with the situation... I find this works well in a business environment and doesn't create animosity.
if not, just kill him and leave his body in a rolled up peice of carpet in the desert.
I had no clue you acted :o Wow would be groovy to have you act Harry :p Yes Kate is cute avec very bright and energetic, but I bring a boken to rehearsals to stand in for the sword and I wouldn't use Aiki moves i'd just hack straight at the intruder, so hands off hehe
Otherwise, excellent advice, thanks a lot, I might very well just do that. I'll keep you posted.
So you'd leave him in a rolled-up carpet so if someone's lost and desperate in the desert at least they could work on finishing their throws with a good posture?? :p
Otherwise, excellent advice, thanks a lot, I might very well just do that. I'll keep you posted.
So you'd leave him in a rolled-up carpet so if someone's lost and desperate in the desert at least they could work on finishing their throws with a good posture?? :p
How can you offer choice (e) and still be against the monster from Pan's Labyrinth?
I'm with Dunken, really--take him aside and have a nice "chat" with him. And if that doesn't work, then go to the professor.
I'm with Dunken, really--take him aside and have a nice "chat" with him. And if that doesn't work, then go to the professor.
I suggest implanting 'Harry' with an improvised explosive device. One that can say channel immense electrical charges through the body without detonating. This way you can threaten to turn him into an organic fireworks display if he doesn't shape up... but you can also inflict enormous pain against his person during rehearsals. Plus, and here's the best part, you can still blow his ass up after you finish the play to serve as a lesson to all the other people who fail to respect your unnerring authority.
...although removing his face would be quite cathartic. Let me know if you need any help, you'd be shocked what I can do with some dry ice and a paring knife.
...although removing his face would be quite cathartic. Let me know if you need any help, you'd be shocked what I can do with some dry ice and a paring knife.
I might take up on your offer my dear anonymous, but who should I call for help? :p
Only glimpsed him today, will have a real talk tomorrow on the lines of what Dunken suggested.
Post a Comment
Only glimpsed him today, will have a real talk tomorrow on the lines of what Dunken suggested.
<< Home

