Monday, January 29, 2007
Life Rocks when you Suck Balls
So I guess I should say the past 24 hours were groovy because it started with having a great deal of fun playing squash with David yesterday - 1h30 game which I won, but with way more more trouble than usual because David's getting better all the time. We then got chinese take-out and picnicked on my floor since I have no table and only one chair, so that was fun; and then I had the pleasure of spending the night in the cosiness of warm arms; which greatly alleviated the usual soreness upon waking up from a night on a thermorest (for those not in the know, my mattress kills my back so I sleep with camping gear).
Today started with Aikido (yeay), which included a new way of doing 5th form Ikyo, and extra being thrown around at the end... hey you gotta have some sort of advantage at dating the Sensei :p
Then, I called my supervisor for my linguistics research and it went really really well. He helped a lot and re-motivated me like crazy so now I'm even more all hyped up to study. And we're both coming up with a cunning plan to make a super research project so we swindle money out of the government for me to be paid to do PhD research for three years.
There followed long-awaited food, (FOOOOOD :D), with the remains of the evening before (so that's not bad English it's just a reference to Ishiguro... Yeah yeah it's a bit lame but I'm not a linguist instead of a litterary student without a reason :p) aaand extra treats provided by super David, including Bubble Tea :D So that's a cold drink, I believe it's Chinese, and its bubbles are not made of air as one would think but of squishy tapioca balls which you have to suck in through a wide straw. I'm pretty bad at that but it's fun to try and get several at a time and with more practice I'll become more experienced :p
Last four cool things of the day: a fun chat with Anthony in the library, talking to my mum on the phone, glimpsing Andrew on line (even though that was slightly frustrating since I only glimpsed him and couldn't chat properly) and successfully stealing cookies from the Pub. Yes I'm proud of that, for two reasons: 1) they're $1.20, which is outrageously expensive for 2 over-cooked cookies 2) I don't know how many times I caught the cashiers at adding extra costs to my bill and had to correct them; which means I don't know how many times I didn't catch them and they successfully nicked money out of my account; so I'm sure these were well-earned over-cooked cookies :p
So yeay for today and now TO WORK.
Today started with Aikido (yeay), which included a new way of doing 5th form Ikyo, and extra being thrown around at the end... hey you gotta have some sort of advantage at dating the Sensei :p
Then, I called my supervisor for my linguistics research and it went really really well. He helped a lot and re-motivated me like crazy so now I'm even more all hyped up to study. And we're both coming up with a cunning plan to make a super research project so we swindle money out of the government for me to be paid to do PhD research for three years.
There followed long-awaited food, (FOOOOOD :D), with the remains of the evening before (so that's not bad English it's just a reference to Ishiguro... Yeah yeah it's a bit lame but I'm not a linguist instead of a litterary student without a reason :p) aaand extra treats provided by super David, including Bubble Tea :D So that's a cold drink, I believe it's Chinese, and its bubbles are not made of air as one would think but of squishy tapioca balls which you have to suck in through a wide straw. I'm pretty bad at that but it's fun to try and get several at a time and with more practice I'll become more experienced :p
Last four cool things of the day: a fun chat with Anthony in the library, talking to my mum on the phone, glimpsing Andrew on line (even though that was slightly frustrating since I only glimpsed him and couldn't chat properly) and successfully stealing cookies from the Pub. Yes I'm proud of that, for two reasons: 1) they're $1.20, which is outrageously expensive for 2 over-cooked cookies 2) I don't know how many times I caught the cashiers at adding extra costs to my bill and had to correct them; which means I don't know how many times I didn't catch them and they successfully nicked money out of my account; so I'm sure these were well-earned over-cooked cookies :p
So yeay for today and now TO WORK.


