Thursday, January 04, 2007
Upgrade!
On the 1st I flew from Buenos Aires to Santiago de Chile and then from Santiago to Toronto. On the 2nd I flew from Toronto to New York. On the 3rd from NY to Paris, where I just landed, after the most pleasant stopover in the history of stopovers: 36 hours with my man :)
I think three things can be said 1) I'm still as crazy, thank you; 2) I'm a lucky bastard; 3) I kind of fly a lot. That's where all my money goes really, other than transportation I don't spend much. With all these flights, I was starting to wonder how it could be that I'd never gotten upgraded, what with all these stories of it happening to people around me.
Last night; I got to Newark pretty late as compared to what they require (i.e. 2 hours early and not 3) so I was among the last 3 people to check in. I waited a good long time there because they had a problem finding seats due to overbooking, but it ended up that the three of us got upgraded to Buisness class, yeay :) Which made other people happy because they, in turn, were upgraded to first class while we took their business seats.
The cool things: you get loads of space, a way more comfortable seat, so much food you can't finish it, way more drinks refills (I only had water I was very very thirsty but I think I even saw whiskey on the trolley!), a personal TV on which you can choose what to see, and neighbours that are apparently more trusting and therefore driven toward conversation.
The one bad thing: the service is way slower so you finish dinner at midnight and they wake you up at 3:30am for breakfast...
Verdict: my neck is much happier and I didn't feel the length of the flight in the least, but darn I'm tired!!! no worries, I won't refuse an upgrade in the future, and I recommend getting to the airport rather a little later than a little earlier ;)
Comments:
<< Home
I had kinda noticed that you do fly an awful lot but as long as you enjoy the destinations :-) and now that you fly in a better class than cattle, you must be realloy enjoying it now :-) Happy new year!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home
