Thursday, February 01, 2007

 

Webcomics


With new encounters come new discoveries. New people introduce you to new concepts, ideas, hobbies etc... and sometimes to new webcomics. About three years ago, Andrew introduced me to Something Positive, the very first webcomic I've ever read. It took me hours and hours in the Reading library to get up to date. The problem with starting to read a webcomic years after it started being published is that you have ages and therefore hundreds of strips to catch up with. And it's addictive. You just sit there and go click, click, click... next, next, next, until your eyes go red and prickly and you realise it's 3am and you really should have gone to bed much earlier because you'll be real busy the next day. When you're on the catching up slope, it's almost a drug, you have to go to that page, just for the one strip. Or maybe one more. And oopsy it's been 2oo now, I'd better stoooop! And when you've finished that catching up phase, it gets frustrating for a few days that you only get one a day and there's nothing you can do to have more, you don't get your fix you know :o

Since Reading, life on the webcomic side had been pretty quiet since I only had *SP to read but this year, David introduced me to two new ones, first Least I Could Do, and then Questionable Content. So I've had two addictions to deal with, one after the other... The good thing is that QC came shortly after Least I Could Do, so that it reduced the trauma of not being able to click click click for hours. The bad thing is I really can't afford that technique to wean myself off of the addiction after QC this time because I really need to study, and I can't get into a new one!! However for the not-yet-addicted out there, check them out because they're all pretty groovy :)

Comments:
Whaaaaat? Are you going to tell me you don't read PhDComics???
http://www.phdcomics.com/

Enjoy,
Régis
 
aha your traitorous trick will not work, I am NOT going to star reading it now.
Traitor...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?