Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

Arg elections...


It's really tough. Choosing a candidate. There are ideas in the programs of quiet a few people that I whole-hearteldy approve of, but the same people have ideas I absolutely abhor and would hate to see implemented. Like Sarkosy, the right-wing candidate. I really like his educational and cultural ideas, I think they would be a great improvement if they were implemented. But there is no way I vote for him given his immigration, family and economic policies. I find I'm torn in a similar way with the programs of Bayrou, who is center, and Buffet, who stands for the communist party. And the only option I'm seriously left with is that of going for Royale, the left-wing representative because none of her ideas shock me or make me go "oh no no no!!!". However, none of her ideas really impressed me. I feel neutral about her. The others, I'm much more passionate about it's love and hate melted together in all their programs. I just feel like the ideal candidate would have picked and chosen from all of the ideas in the other people's programs but obviously that's not going to happen... I did a test online to see whose ideas I was closest to and I had 9, 8 and 8 points for three people none of whom I'd like to win the elections but all of whom have real cool ideas most in the midts of what really upsets me.
This all makes it frustratin cause in the end I can't have anything I'd really want and just have to go for the least worse of them all. Why can't we just make a system whereby we answer multiple questions about what want when we go vote and the decisions that get most votes get implemented? See that would make it really democratic. The other problem is that I'm not sure the rest of the population would like the same ideas I do, actually, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, so it might be scary to leave everything up to their decisions. But it could be an idea. You take politicians who have ideas, we all vote every 5 years on what we want for a 5 year plan and whoever's decision gets picked implements only the stuff they had offered. That could work, right?
Anyways I think I'm starting to be a utopian.
And I thought I didn't have a political mind...
It all comes from being here where there are many things I don't agree with that people around me express. At home I hang out with my friends who basically have the same views and I agree with the major things that happen usually, like not going into the war in Irak you know. Of course some things I disagree with in France also but never in such a strong manner as I've found here, probably because of the difference in culture.
Anyways all this to say that with being abroad and confronted with other political logics on the year of the French presidential elections has pretty much awakened my political self and I've spent quite a while surfing on the net collecting info, which I'd never really done before.
So I guess it's a plus even if it gets me frustrated...

Comments:
yes, it's a pluss !! well, "not having a political mind for me" is just impossible, when i think of how the world's fucked up for many reasons... i feel one needs to try to understand all that!
but yes, frustration is a great part of it... argh
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?