Friday, March 09, 2007

 

Bed&rug


How about refitting my room 2.5 months before I leave?
I'd been sleeping on a thermorest, a camping mattress I'd bought for weapons camp, on the floor since my October neck problems because the mattress I had was crappy (way too soft). And that was ok for my back, even if not the most comfy thing on earth. Now I'd spotted teh occasionnal tiny whitish bug crawling real fast on the floorboards but I'd only spotted one three times in all these months so I was a bit creeped out but not that much. However, a few days ago I discovered way too many bugs on the floor in a way too little space, felt crowded by them and freaked out. So I finally went out and got a sort of weird mattress thingy that's pretty hard (probably meant to be used with an actual mattress on top), and put that on the bed frame so that I can now sleep away, far away from the bugs! And it's actually a decent deal for my neck, so double benefit.
Also, while at the store, I spotted cheap rugs that looked decent and didn't resist the urge to get one... I'd wanted one for a while to decorate my room and make it more roomy, and that one had the added benefit of fitting the set for my play, so I can also use it then :)
When put down next to my new bed, the new rug actually looks pretty damn good and the whole thing makes me feel like I finally have a nice environment to stay in. It was high time! I did spend quite a bit of time lounging in the new chair jAms found for me and just admiring my bed and rug... So when my new PC arrives with mum in a week, I'll be totally set :D


Comments:
Hey, are you giving tours of your new room? I am all about decorating no matter how much time you have in a place...environment is everything! Lee
 
And now I added a mattress pad because the mattress I'd gotten was indeed a bit cheap. Again, an improvement!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?