Friday, March 23, 2007
Environment
I don't know if it's because Elizabeth is sensitive to it and awoke me a bit more to the issue or if it's because I see the waste there is here, with electricity and water for instance, and how much petrol is used and how weirdly the weather behaves, but I've been thinking about environment issues more and more.
The other day I saw this poster on the train and it shows a wonderful fairytale universe of cars all over the world (sarcastic yeay!) but all I could see instead of the world carrying the cars, was the world being crushed by them. And I guess it is indeed at that.
The scary bit isn't really are we going to suffer the consequences hard, but more what is the future for our children, those the people of my generation are going to have?
Maybe the Chinese were right and we should reduce the amount of people on earth or we might just collapse under our sheer presence. Well, rather, what makes life on earth possible for us will evaporate and we'll die and be eradicated like it happened to countless animals twice in the history of the planet already, and then bugs will win. Cause they are really everywhere...
This really isn't based into facts or research on my part at all and I guess I'm guilty of that, I am worried, but I'm not personally doing much about it, other than not knowing how to drive. David suggested maybe there would be a really bad wake-up call and we'd all actually start doing something about it, but I really wonder how big and horrible the wake-up call will have to be for people to give up on their personal comfort of driving places, over-heating, putting lights everywhere, taking the plane whenever they want etc.
Scaaaaary....
And I still want to have babies one day, there's hope for you, or sheer naiveté.
The other day I saw this poster on the train and it shows a wonderful fairytale universe of cars all over the world (sarcastic yeay!) but all I could see instead of the world carrying the cars, was the world being crushed by them. And I guess it is indeed at that.
The scary bit isn't really are we going to suffer the consequences hard, but more what is the future for our children, those the people of my generation are going to have?
Maybe the Chinese were right and we should reduce the amount of people on earth or we might just collapse under our sheer presence. Well, rather, what makes life on earth possible for us will evaporate and we'll die and be eradicated like it happened to countless animals twice in the history of the planet already, and then bugs will win. Cause they are really everywhere...
This really isn't based into facts or research on my part at all and I guess I'm guilty of that, I am worried, but I'm not personally doing much about it, other than not knowing how to drive. David suggested maybe there would be a really bad wake-up call and we'd all actually start doing something about it, but I really wonder how big and horrible the wake-up call will have to be for people to give up on their personal comfort of driving places, over-heating, putting lights everywhere, taking the plane whenever they want etc.
Scaaaaary....
And I still want to have babies one day, there's hope for you, or sheer naiveté.
Comments:
<< Home
Here is a small something (in French) to remind you of the "taking the plane" part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLwSAmMjfZA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eneomansland%2Eorg%2Farticle%2D5203356%2D6%2Ehtml
Régis
PS: it's eRadicate, V., no offense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLwSAmMjfZA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eneomansland%2Eorg%2Farticle%2D5203356%2D6%2Ehtml
Régis
PS: it's eRadicate, V., no offense.
No offense taken, I forgot to run the spell check and I know my spelling isn't perfect. Never had been, and in none of my languages!
I've eradicated the mistake :p
I've eradicated the mistake :p
OK I voluteer to do my bit, especially with the "not using petrol" bit and the "having babies" bit...
Post a Comment
<< Home


