Tuesday, March 06, 2007

 

Lonely


A wind of slight depression is hitting Sarah Lawrence and the Health Center is submerged with students asking for counseling, and I'm part of the flow. I've been feeling increasingly yarwg in the past few weeks, with bouts of anxiety and stress swelling up uncontrollably. At first I attributed it to relationship complications only but I wasn't seeing the obvious, which is that I'm feeling rather lonely down here. I do have a few good friends but they are all very busy and I only glimpse them in class or in the library or at squash and all in all I must have maybe 2 social occasions a week with them. Marie came to visit last week so that drastically improved things but now I'm back to being pretty much alone. My old good friends are kinda far away and, yes, technically I could call them up but time difference doesn't really help so they feel inaccessible. The thing is I'm not used to it: whereas last year I had lunch with fellow-students and friends every day and came back home to a flatmate or my mum or sister, now I pretty much eat all of my meals by myself and come back to a dorm room - and a bathroom shared with a guy who grosses me out daily by loudly clearing his nose from snot in the shower every day... So not that funky you see.
So I guess what I mean to say is I MISS YOU. If you're reading this and I know you that is :p And if you're not well you'll probably never know that I do...


Comments:
Loneliness is a chronic condition in modern society. It is especially hard if you are dealing with relationship issues... especially if its getting over one. I recommend distracting yourself... Robin Hobb has a new series called The Soldier's Son.. first book is Shaman's crossing... so far its quite good. *hug*
 
Hey - cheer up hun!1 We may all be scattered around the wolrd but we still all lurve ya!! If we were nearby, we'd be doing "cheer up V" things like renting crappy bollywood movies, buying take-aways and letting you drink one glass on wine (only one - I've seen you drunk remember!!).

Why not email all your mates your phone number and we can all call you and make you feel better?

PS: going jogging in the snow is the BEST!!!
 
a return engagement of our usual wednesday night dinner then?

Also, the V. phone is still there and it rarely ever rings... you should give it a try sometime.
 
The snow is gone... And if you were around I'd be oh so fine: even thinking of an Andrew hug makes my eyes water. I MISS YOU.
Gladly "Anonymous", I tend not to call because you're so hectic busy, but dinner on Weds would be grand. Gotta be after 9pm though as you know.
And my bollywoods aren't crappy grrrrrr :p
Oh and my limits is 2 glasses of white wine, but I guess 1 is staying on the safe side :p
 
Hey, I am here and I would love to see you more. I'll be here all of spring break and I have a car and we could go sightseeing in new york and the surrouding areas. Or maybe some fun jaunts in the City? I was so homesick over break and missing my family and home so I know how you feel. So, how about getting together this weekend?? XOL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?