Thursday, April 19, 2007
Blanket
It's snowing outside my love, but inside is a tropical island.
Multi-coloured flowers bloom and blossom on every surface,
your softness pervades my room, impregnates my clothes,
little love notes find their ways in books and pockets…
Traces of you permeate my universe and with you, there is warmth.
Rain is falling hard my love, I shiver and shrink under the sheet
but you roll around and capture me in your arms.
The whisper of your soothing words brushes against my ear,
your feet caress and cover mine, your calm hands rest on mine.
Your whole body guards me and in you I find shelter.
It's grey all around my love, grey cracking through my walls,
making me crumble inside, but you knock on my door.
Your smile envelops me, your chest welcomes me,
your love trickles in, strengthens me, fills me and smoothes my scratches.
You are here. For me. And with you, there is comfort.
A strong wind is blowing my love, uprooting fears and anxieties,
unleashing streams of tears, but you call me on the phone.
The tenderness of your voice quietens me, quells my sobs.
The sound of your smile reassures me, the charm of your words captivates me,
your wisdom appeases me and in you I find support.
You are the blanket to my soul, my love.
Comments:
<< Home
:-D Makes me warm inside! Thank you, babydoll!
I especially like phrases such as "grey cracking through my walls" and "smoothes my scratches" and "I shiver and shrink under the sheet". Very specific language with strong and telling verbs. Vivid. The little details make the poem truly alive! The caress with feet, the rolling around and capturing, the love notes, etc.
Post a Comment
I especially like phrases such as "grey cracking through my walls" and "smoothes my scratches" and "I shiver and shrink under the sheet". Very specific language with strong and telling verbs. Vivid. The little details make the poem truly alive! The caress with feet, the rolling around and capturing, the love notes, etc.
<< Home
