Thursday, May 03, 2007

 

gah


I've been woring on my DEA thesis way more intensely in the past few weeks, but I'm still laaaaate!! So I'm stressed out and often not really sure of what to do next. The perfectionist in me wants to talk about every thing I've researched and organise myself as best as possible before starting to actually write, and the stressed out panicked me sort of freaks out and goes noooooooo you only have 6 weeks left, you have to start writing now!! Except I don't feel ready to start writing... Inner conflict very active.
Basically I'm left with an overwhelming feeling of GAH!!!!
At least the sun is still out and the flowers are blooming :)

Comments:
Aiming for perfection is not a bad thing. I like to think in terms of beauty rather than perfection, but it's close enough in practice that I think I can relate to your "inner perfectionist".

I'm pretty sure you're not after advice - but allow me to make a general observation (it might be of use to someone else after all).

The phrase: "never mind the quality, feel the width" can apply to first drafts. I imagine most creative work like sculpture - you need a block of stone to start with; then you can chip away until it is a work of art.

Enough of that - you have my sympathy, looming deadlines are scary and unforgiving monsters!
 
GO GO GO VIRGINIA! WRITE!
 
Comme le dit Régis, mais oui, bon sang, vas-y, écris, ton niveau maximum de stress est atteint, les conditions sont donc réunies pour que tu puisses te lancer, rien ne sert donc d'attendre plus longtemps...Et souviens toi que ton prof t'avait permis de n'être pas parfaite, cette année. Maman.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?