Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

Knock knock!


Anybody there? Where are y'all hiding? So in the past few days I've had emails from David (lots of them :D), Dunken who keeps cracking me up with jokes, and two extra people who decided to say hi. That's IT... I haven't had such a low in news since last summer when everyone's travelling. So, out with it, what bank are you plotting to rob without me?
Other than absence of news, the past few days have witnessed an absence of events... Because all I do really is get up, go to the library, have food, more library, more food, chat with David, Med or Marie, and then to bed! This intense rhythm of work has enabled me to produce just under 40 pages (1.5 space) in just about a week. That's basically half of what is required for me to hand in for my linguistics dissertation (for my masters for those who don't have a clue what I'm doing, shame on you!). The slight problem is that it constitues one out of four chapters I'm planning to write!! No doubt, this will be the longest chapter by far, but still, something tells me I'm going to have to go over :s

And of course I spend a lot of time thinking what I'm doing is crappy cause I know it could be so much better given more time (I have high standards, sometimes it's a killer). So instead of fantasizing about my man at night, I dread the responses of my supervisor such as "Well. (long pause) We need to talk about this." GAH. I'm seeing him tomorrow, hopefully he won't be too appalled with what I handed in already!
Another thing disturbing my peace of mind is "what's to become of us?" Cause David hasn't got a job in Europe so we don't know what's happening there even though he seems tempted to hop over and find a job when he's here, and I don't know what I'll be doing either... I could get funding for my PhD, or not. If not, maybe I can get a part-time job to fund my research if they let me, or I'll have to teach in highschools to do the practical part of the teaching recruitment competitive exam thingy I did last year. So yeah lots on my mind, no wonder I can't sleep at night :o
Aaaand back to work...

Comments:
je t'écris bientôt ma belle... si t'es là fin juin on pourra même se voir!
so glad to see you're ok and inspired :)
hugs
Sophie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?