Thursday, May 03, 2007
New Hope
I just watched a lot of the presidential elections debate online, between the two contestants Royal and Sarkozy.
I am even more convinced that it would suck to have Sarkozy as our head of state, because he wants to americanize France in all of its bad aspects: privatisation of health care, diminution of employee's right, reduced funds for social help etc. All he wants is for people to work more and get less benefits. And he was highly disagreable, with his smirky face, he made me want to slap him, which is good since elections now depends on the personalities of leaders, not too many people will want to vote for him!
And on the other hand, I was much more convinced by the solutions presented by Royal than what I saw on paper, and even if she remains slightly vague in what she says because she wants decisions to emerge from negociation (unlike Sarkozy who just wants to impose already-made decisions), I'd like to think that she can be trusted to lead these negociations in a way that agrees with my principles, that is humane, and that maintains and promotes the right to welfare in France. As an added bonus, I liked her personnality way much, I thought her reactions were very good and I liked it that she didn't crumble before securitarian Sarkozy but even made him stutter a couple of times! Yeay tiger. So people might vote for her for that, if not for her ideas.
With her, maybe reforms will take a longer time and taxes will remain high, but I'm all for it as opposed to crushing immediate action that leaves everyone bloody behind! And I liked her haircut. :p
So I hope that the old joke I made 5 years ago that I wanted her to be elected just because of the pun, because it would be funny to have a "présidente royale", a royal president, will have been a way of foreseeing the future!
That is all if they said what they meant of course, you never know with politics though...
Comments:
<< Home
> That is all if they said what they meant of course, you never know with politics though
Well, in fact you DO know, and that's the problem actually.
Post a Comment
Well, in fact you DO know, and that's the problem actually.
<< Home
