Friday, June 15, 2007

 

Doubts


I'm having big doubts about doing a PhD. I'm really struggling with the end of my 3rd chapter; which is where I'm supposed to come up with a sort of conclusion, except I'm feeling more muddled than ever so it's not happening...
I borrowed a book written by my teacher from Maeva today (btw, yeay for her she made it to round 2 of the agrégation this year too, best of luck m'dear!!!) and I was reading what my prof said about the topic I'm struggling with. OK so I know he's my teacher and he's been doing linguistics for 30 years and he's bound to be better than I am, but. It's so clever. How am I to come and say ok I'm going to work on this thing cause obviously you haven't done enough on it??? Well I'm never going to say that, duh, but doing research in an area does mean the previous dudes have failed... So I dunno. I don't know that I have such clever stuff to say. And I'm fed up right now, especially since I do have to finish up one way or another and I feel like my 3rd chapter is really really bad and I know what I'm sort of preparing to say is drastically bad, but I don't know what to change it to... I'm sure teaching to nice kiddoes would be better, right?
And yet another episode that will end in a:
GAH!!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?