Monday, August 13, 2007

 

Heart fine!


So I just went to the cardiologist's and there's nothing whatever the matter with me. Yeay :D
And the crazy bewildering amazing thing is I paid 2 euro. That's it. For an electrocardiogram and a scan!! After America, it comes as a shock.
Am about to hop on a train to go see my gramma, with a lot of my family. It should be a very relaxing time, but I've started being restless at so much vacation time so I'm bringing work down!
I also just came back from aikido Summer School in Shropshire. A weird social atmosphere for me this year, probably because I've been away for a while now. I sort of felt out of it. It almost feels like I didn't go, like I was behind a sort of veil... kind of strange. The feeling might also be linked to the fact that I've changed worlds every week or every few weeks basically, US then intense academic stuff, then Italy, then UK with David then Paris with David, then London with Med and Nush basically, then Summer School with aikido people... Changes of worlds and of people... It's been very strange. And I'm also in the most gigantic turn-around moment of my life: I'm going from one side of the desk to the other: from pupil to teacher!
Btw, if you have ideas what to do with 18 year old scientists in order to get them interested in learning English, I'm all ears!!
And now I'm dashing to my train...

Comments:
What the beeeep could have possibly been wrong with your heart???

(That could make a good book/film title by the way)

Concerning your 18 year old geeks: did you think about having them do something with Wikipedia? Like creating/completing articles? That would make them talk, write, make some research in English about the particular field and that could be fun. Well, at least I would find it funny.
 
Oo, good idea! I was going to suggest distilling words to their essences, then mixing these essences in various ways in a laboratory to see what explosions occur. But I suppose that's not very helpful, is it?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?