Monday, September 17, 2007
Good idea, crappy implementation
There is a new way to get around Paris with public transportation; it's the vélib: you grab a bike at a station and return it to another one. It's supposed to change Parisians' habits and make the city less poluted and run down by traffic. I think it's an excellent idea and I love biking around so I should be all yeay for it, but it sucks. So far. I'm hoping for a change towards the positive cause spending 20 minutes walking around to look for a free bike and then touring your destination area to find a free spot to put it back and end up far from your destination isn't my idea of an efficient transportation means in a city filled with workers on a schedule. Given how things are now, the whole vélib thing is a leisure one. There is no way I can trust the system to get me to work on time, unless I leave an extra hour early. And us Parisian don't like spending that kind of time when we're stressed out with work and time. So if this system is to be anywhere even close to making people think of changing their ways, it's got a looong way to go!
Comments:
<< Home
I agree, but until they get them selves sorted out try www.velib.paris.fr. It gives you the info about how many bikes are free where and the stations all over Paris!!!
true, but not really useful when you're out and far from a pc..
also they do tell you at the station what the nearest one with bikes is, but you have to walk there and by the time you get there they've mysteriously disappeared... grunt.
I'm kinda pissed off at them right now, when they get better I'll probably rave about them tho!
Post a Comment
also they do tell you at the station what the nearest one with bikes is, but you have to walk there and by the time you get there they've mysteriously disappeared... grunt.
I'm kinda pissed off at them right now, when they get better I'll probably rave about them tho!
<< Home

