Saturday, September 08, 2007
In and out and in again
So I've been in and out of the country, in and out of activity, in and out of work - and rather more out of work lately - and all this has lead me to go back in, for my apparently annual introspection time.
I've worked on things quite a bit lately, trying to assert myself, to find more internal validation, to trust myself and others about myself more. It probably comes from my change of status, from student to teacher. Also, again, I've been reconsidering how essential doing that PhD really is and whether I truly want to do it or not.
Oddly enough the moment when it dawned on me most significantly that I'd been evolving on these subjects and reaching a new phase - for it can never be definite answers with issues of self - was when I was at a peak of House consumption.
For the sorry souls who don't know it yet, House, MD is a show, a very good show, and it's addictive, very addictive.
Why oh why would my brain suddenly come to, if not a conclusion at least further understanding, when it's vegetating after extra House feeding??
Btw, I still don't watch TV, I watch it on DVDs or online so there.
On another note, I've started my first year as a full time teacher, paid by the state and all. I haven't really seen students so far, I was interacting with teachers more but it's been highly entertaining. Just to give you an example, today was the general meeting with everybody and the whole of the 2h30 consisted in voting on whether to go on strike or not... yeay French public system :p I don't think they will in the end, looks like matters are going to be resolved aimiably.
For those who are wondering, I took part in the debate and then didn't vote. Again, in and out :p