Thursday, January 17, 2008

 

New Old Job

b
My current job is teaching at University as a temporary PRAG, which means I have been recruited by the Education Nationale to teach in highschool but really I'm teaching at University for a year. The permanent PRAG positions (tenures) are quite hard to get because a lot of people want them and there aren't that many around.
There was a competition for the position for which I was the temporary gap-filler, complete with send your CV/cover letter/administrative documents and then go for an interview.
After hesitating for a long time, I decided to compete for the job. It was a difficult decision because it's a lot of work and it doesn't help working on research for the PhD I am enrolled in. On the other hand, it's a permanent position so no stress every year to find a way to fund the PhD. And many other arguments for each side. So, after talking about it for a while with a variety of people, and especially David and Marie who heard most of my lamentations over "what should I doooo?"; I ended up applying for the job.
Turns out the people who did the interviews (teachers in the languages department) really wanted me to get it and pushed my file forward a lot so I got the position, over people who are way more qualified and have way more experience than I do!
Crazy stuff.
I guess it was charisma :p
So my new job is my old job but for life!
On the same day I learnt I was getting the job, I also learnt that the course project I had put forward last semester had been approved. A brand new teaching unit has been created, just for me! And the best thing is what I'll be teaching: a theatre class (not literary, practice), in English! So we'll put up a show with the students and show it to people at the end of the semester. Yeay :D


Comments:
h*ly! sh*t! cr*p! f*ck! You got a permanent PRAG?!? AND a teaching unit??? AND a boyfriend?!?!? When will you be throwing a party?

Hey, I know many people will reply to your post and read this comment, so I take the opportunity to make a small advertisement for my website and the video I just created. If you like Jean-Jacques Goldman and/or Daft Punk you'll worship my last post: http://www.minutebutterfly.de
 
So in the end nobody else replied to the post, not much of an advertisement place I'm afraid...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?