Thursday, March 27, 2008
Bad bad me
I've been having a really hard time posting... Mind you it's not very suprising with 10 classes a week and lots of new teaching material to come up with, and being really ill when I finally have less classes (like this week). Some other things have happened in the mean time though. I HAVE printed (wooooooow) a few articles that I should read for my PhD. I also went to yummy dinner parties at Med and Nush's new place that we need to steal because it rocks. And I got elected as member for the council of the department of languages. The council is the executive body of the department: we take decisions and implement them. Except the first meeting is tomorrow so really I'll start participating only tomorrow. And also, there are 16 of us in there so it's not like one person in it is all powerful so I'm a little fishy in there. But it'll be fun (I hope) to be part of the political and pedagogical life of a Uni department. And it looks groovy on a CV I guess :p
Also, today is the last of my P2s. They are second year medical students and their time-tables are very different from that of the other students so they're finishing up early. Which means I'll only have 9 classes a week now, yeay :D And also that I will have successfully gone through a whole semester of medical English as a teacher and 1) not died 2) not scared of students with inanities and maybe 3) got good feed back but I'll only know that later today!
Btw, now is revenge time, I was ill over Easter and had to sit and eat rice and carrots while family was having lots of yummy food so now I'm kinda binging on chocolate (not too unhealthily though). Also D and I went out to a real nice Italian restaurant for his B-day yesterday so that makes up for the missed Easter meal!
And in case you were wondering, David is still the most wonderful man there could be for me and he's sticking it out with me so I'm all happy :D
Right, back to worky and probably getting dressed is something different than pajamas to go see my students!