Tuesday, March 04, 2008

 

Update



So I've been busy. Preparing 10 classes a week is proving a bit hard on me. Also, it takes SO MUCH energy to stand in front of students and play the teacher 24 hours a week... However, the theatre class I put up is going well. The students are having a hard time understanding that acting requires work, but I think it'll sink in ultimately! Other classes are going much better than in the first semester because I know what I'm doing a bit better now. Even though I'm sure I'll be doing even better next semester. And spending less time in preparations I hope! I just keep looking for new fun things to do with the students instead of recycling stuff from other classes. The latter wouldn't be as good for the students, but much better for my life-resources!! The real downsizes are that I can't really work on my PhD... and sports has been an issue lately. I'd like to do something (other than dealing with hardly younger students) to exercise, but it's difficult given lack of time, energy and money. We've been trying to work out at home with David but it's difficult to keep a schedule and it doesn't feel as freeing as say an hour of squash, of course. So I should find something I can do regularly and I can find physical satisfaction through workout in.
I've just spent the past like 4 hours preparing a class for my chemistry students: they're just SO good at English, I can't teach them English with a bit of chemistry vocab in it, I really have to teach them very specific chemistry stuff and boy that's tough! I've just been delving in my highschool books and freshmen lab reports to find inspiration but I have a really really hard time understanding even my own lab reports and experiments!!
So now their class is ready (just need to print out a typed-up version of an old lab report of mine), time for bed. Hopefully without thinking about work!
Ah also, crazy thing: I'm starting to slightly miss my research work...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?