Saturday, September 13, 2008

 

-8 Kg, +8 diopter


Last June I started on a diet. I was inspired by a colleague who was visibly losing weight, a weekend in Barcelona with hot chicks who were at least 2 sizes smaller than me, and a picture of me at 18 which proved I could be slimmer than I was. I seriously didn't believe it at first. So I started on that diet and lost just over 4 kg in about 5 weeks. Then we went to India, I got a massive case of Delhi Belly and lost another 3 kg. Since I've been back I've gotten back on the diet and lost another kg. So I've gone from 71 to 62,5 (this morning)! For the non-kilo people out there, David reckons it's about 18 pounds or 1.3 stone.
Also, my sister lent me a Pilates DVD, I did one programme per day before India and since my return have been using little online pilates videos (on YouTube). It's a great thing to do when you're a little bored or can't really use your eyes like these past few days. So I'm sure that helped the weight loss.

So the reason I can't use my eyes much (but it's getting better, hence I'm typing - granted with sunglasses!) is that I got eye surgery on Wednesday. I was -8.25 and -8.75 diopter before. Now I don't think I'm perfect yet cause I can't quite see as well as when I had my glasses yet but I'm probably less than -1 diopter and it should get better within the month. So now not only do I not need my glasses anymore but I can't wear them! Otherwise I see all blurry...
So far the eye improvement has kinda worsened things. I can't use my eyes much, I need to put drops in every three hours, and I'm still dependent on glasses (the sun ones) because luminosity is hard on me. I'll see my eye doctor in a month to establish the real outcome of the surgery. I'll post it up here.
Oh and here's a picture of me before the surgery... yep, I was shit scared!! I kinda look like a little puppy who knows it's being given away and really doesn't wanna go. I didn't know David was going to shoot the picture, he just called to me and I looked up.
The surgery itself was scary, emotionally really tough, but it didn't really hurt. And I already saw better right after the sugery than before without glasses. So my worst fears were dispelled (going blind, my eyes burning out, my vision being worse than before etc...).
The afternoon was really tough though: as though someone was forcibly pushing onions directly against my eyeballs. Very very painful, impossible to open my eyes, and nothing whatever to do to dull the pain. I fell asleep out of sheer exaustion and each time I woke up it was a little bit better, till the last time, at 5pm, when I had to get up to go to the eye doctor's for a check up. The time of the trip really helped and I could even look without sunglasses at my doctor. Who wasn't proud of me because I'd cried and almost fainted during the surgery... I'm a sensitive little gal!
By the evening I was better, (as demonstrated in the first picture of me with sunglasses) and since then I've been getting better everyday. My vision greatly improved throughout the first 24 hours but since then I haven't seen much of a change. Time will tell!
At least I'm a star, I have sunglasses for the first time :)

Last note, utterly unrelated to the title of the post, but hey I gotta fill the space left till the bottom next to the picture or it won't look good...
At Med and Nusha's wedding in India, Med's cousins sang a version of I'm yours by Jason Mraz. It's a really beautiful song that you should all check out! And the cousins's version was even better... We're all waiting on the video of the wedding to be able to enjoy their performance again. And ours: we did a Bollywood dance :)



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?