Sunday, December 07, 2008

 

13-hour-day week


So it's actually been like that all week: get to work early, leave 9pmish. Some of the time it was for theatre rehearsals after 6 hours of teaching and some of the time it was or crazy work on oh so many things. And today I was jury for a certification language test thingy. And for next week, with only one day of weekend (gah) I need to correct 80 tests, prepare a document for the department of languages council (which involves devising a model test - let me stress the word
model here and the fact that I've been teaching at uni for 1 year and a half only... no pressure at all!).
Strangely enough, the week has actually been kind of invigorating. It still rocks not to be a couch potatoe as soon as I'm tired, and it was very nice working with my colleague Olivia on the brochure for the first years we had to finalise by this week. I feel like an achiever, yeay. However, any more than that and little me will be in trouble bubble...
Next week is my first slightly less teaching-busy week. It's also the end of the semester and of the year when plenty of socials are planned. And plenty more papers to correct are to be collected. So really I'm not sure I'll get to sleep or rest much but I am planning a restful week at my gramma's with David after X-mas. I'll sleep then I guess! 
And I'll start my PhD work in the second semester. I always say I'll start it "next" semester, I hope it'll be true this time...

Oh yeah and David and I are getting married this summer :D 
More on that later!
(and shame on me, I still haven't found a second to call my cousin Julien and tell him about it... sorryyyy and congratulations on you know what - news travel fast in the family)!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?