Saturday, May 15, 2010
Gummy!

What's more fitting after the post about our weddings than one about our baby? We are so traditional :p
Gummy - because at a previous sono s/he looked like a gummy bear with the little beginnings of arms and legs propping up - is now 5 months and 5 days. Well, if they estimated the age correctly! I've felt the kicks for about 6 weeks but now I'm also beginning to feel the movements, which is really cool in a way and also sometimes a little unsettling: it's odd when I have a live being inside like that! As Amandine says: "it's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive, aliiiiiiiiiiiive!!" :) True, very true, and I'm really really glad that it is! It's one of the wonders of feeling baby move every day: I am reassured as to its well-being all the time! Thanks Gummy!
If all goes well, Gummy will be born at Les Lilas, a clinic that is renowned to help women give birth in a more natural way. Then he'll grow up for at least a few years in Toulouse, where I got a job starting September - when Gummy will probably be born - so really Januray... although they don't know it yet (oops). So it'll be a little hippy human born under the sign of flowers in a natural clinic and then in a way more relaxed city than Paris. Gummy will probably think that I'm a total spazz and the most stressed-out person on earth after all that influence... But then again David will be there to help! Meditations and intrinsic calm will send soothing waves to the baby. It's a good thing we're complementary!
In the mean time, lots to do in Paris before baby arrives: tons of corrections (gah), a play to finish setting up: Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward, a wedding to organize (well really David is doing that but I think I'm helping :p), lots of people to see and much chocolate to eat! :p Ok the latter might not be the best, but I'm having the hardest time staying away from it. I guess that's Gummy's Swiss side requiring "proper" Swiss feeding!